The Express offers a compact and lightweight 2-octave design which can be expanded to 4 octaves. The malletKAT is the world's most powerful MIDI percussion mallet controller using true FSR sensing technology. It incorporates the same FSR technology as all of the KAT instruments, delivering superb feel and response. With 127 programmable setups and features like splitting, layering, poly/mono and "hang" modes, the malletKAT is an incredibly expressive and powerful alternative to traditional marimba and vibraphone instruments.
We offer warranty on our controllers for ONE YEAR PARTS and FSR sensors. We offer a 90 Day warranty for LABOR. All controllers are BUILT TO ORDER.
Unit dimensions: 32" X 11" X 2.5"
Weight: 9 lbs.
The following features/accessories now ship "standard" with the malletKAT 8:
- Clambusters - to help silence the occasional “missed note”
- Direct connection to your computer, DAW, phone** or tablet** apps with a MIDI-to-USB cable (sold separately)
- Standard 5-pin MIDI cable - for direct connection to your external synth or audio card
- Sustain pedal
- Footswitch for configuring your personal sound directly on the malletKAT
- PitPads - a sturdy, protective surface to prolong the life of your pads
We offer warranty on our controllers for one year on parts, and 6 months on sensors. We offer a 90 Day warranty for LABOR. All controllers are BUILT TO ORDER.
There is currently a 2 week lead time on all controller purchases
**iOS compatibility requires an Apple Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter (sold separately)
**Android compatibility requires a USB converter cable (sold separately)
About pre-configured sound modules:
The 128 User Kits inside the malletKAT can be pre-configured for immediate use with the sound modules listed above.
If you purchased one of these sound modules separately and would like your instrument to include pre-configured firmware, please include this in the comments when placing your order.